- 3D printing often referred to as Additive Manufacturing has always been attributed to lowering costs, a perfect time-saving technique that exceeds the limits of fabrication processes for product development.
- 3D printing has become more cost-effective resulting in the surge in the demand for good budget 3D printers.
- 3D printing or additive manufacturing is one of the most talked about topics on television, movies and not to forget the booming social media where every incipient technology goes viral within seconds And that gets echoed in the constant online searches by people searching for where to buy 3D printers near me or be it 3D printer spare parts online in India.
- This has resulted in accessibility for 3D printing technology for diverse businesses. Be it Fused Deposition Modeling(FDM), Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), or metal deposition, the choices are many as each technology works with diverse materials and consequently will offer different results.
- The first thing to consider when choosing your 3D technology is to determine what you are trying to achieve with it as each technology serves and thrives for several different industries
- Let’s have look at a few 3D printing technologies along with the processes involved and their applications.